Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Dressed Up Bricks

My beautiful little six-month-old daughter prompted me to snatch up some Dress Up Days by Riley Blake before she was born.  I made this brick quilt, and made three of the dolls - one in each color.  The three dolls were sitting on the pile of presents under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning... so much fun!  We named them Faith, Hope and Charity.  The other two are well-loved, but the baby, absolutely loves hers.  It's such an easy toy to grab and suck...  it's the only one that she won't drop in order to eat.

The quilt is backed with mostly Hello Luscious Succulent Grunge (I really love that fabric!) but has some improv piecing of celery and purple.  It's bound in purple.  Huh.  I should get a pic of the back - it was my first improv work, and I really love it!

Here's a couple pictures of her enjoying Charity on her quilt...


No comments:

Post a Comment